Re: [pysolar-discuss] What is horizon in simulate_span func (simulate.py) ?

Hi Ryan,

I suspect that horizon is supposed to be a list with 360 entries, each
being a value in degrees that represents the angle to the horizon. In the
middle of an open field, this would be a list of 360 zeroes. If you were
surrounded by buildings, it might be a range numbers between, say 20.0 and
70.0, depending on the exact location of the buildings. If you were in the
bottom a well, it would be a list of 89's.

I would recommend making your own copy of simulate_span() and rip out the
horizon part. Then, if you need to account for a varying horizon, add it
back in. (Then, send a patch with your improved code!)

Brandon

--
Brandon Stafford
Rascal Micro: small computers for art and science