Re: [pysolar-discuss] Leap seconds

Hi Naz,

This sounds like a great idea. I would suggest a CSV format like:

    2015, 1, 0

with one line for each year. A couple of other suggestions:

1. It would be good if Pysolar could read in all the leap-second data when
it is imported, rather than re-opening, parsing, and closing the CSV file
for every calculation.

2. Rather than updating the CSV file with a script, I would prefer to add
to the user warning something like "You can get an updated version of the
leap-second adjustments at
https://github.com/pingswept/pysolar/blob/master/pysolar/leap-seconds.csv.
The old file that needs updating is at <path-to-current-csv-file> on the
computer running Pysolar. If that seems complicated, you could also try
update to the newest version of Pysolar."

But these are just suggestions-- I'll most likely go along with whatever
code you're willing to write, provided it produces accurate results.

Commentary from other Pysolar users definitely welcome.

Cheers,
Brandon

--
Brandon Stafford
Rascal Micro: small computers for art and science